I hate CFS

I've had CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) since 1990, when Chris went to Desert Shield/Desert Storm. It was really, really bad in the beginning, where I couldn't even get out of bed. Over the years and finally finding doctors who understood CFS, I'm taking a combination of herbal supplements that ease the symptoms quite a bit.

The only time I have a big problem with it is when I am stressed out. After Chris died and the stress of all that and the funeral, I got sick with bronchitis (which I had while I was in Minneapolis, if you read my past posts). I also take naps when the CFS kicks in and sleep later than usual.

The stress of the last two days kicked the CFS into high gear. I came home from my dad's yesterday, drank two cups of Chai green tea, took some Airborne, then went to bed at 9 pm. I got up once in the middle of the night to let the dogs out, then crashed until 7:30 this morning. I made myself get up because the dogs had to go out, have their medication (and me mine) and I am exhausted already. I had another cup of Chai green tea, my throat is super sore (a common CFS symptom) and I feel like crawling back into bed.

But I have to go to the furniture store to make final payment on the bedroom set, pick a date for delivery and look at couches for the living room. Vivi is going with me. When I get home, I will either take a nap or go to be early again.

I hate CFS. I always have. It sucks. I start feeling normal, then it hits hard like this and brings back all those times when I just couldn't get out of bed. I always fear I'll have a bad relapse like that. I hope not.

I'm happy the bedroom set is supposed to be here. I'm happy I can pick out a new couch. I ordered new curtains for the living room and put new throw rugs down, so it looks good and getting better. Change is good for me. It makes me feel good.

I also learned something this morning: Don't repot plants when you're stressed/angry. I ended up getting more dirt on me than in the pots.

Pfft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams