Book panel, library talks, more

Wednesday picked up my mom to dogsit. By the time we got to my house, it was almost time for me to leave to be on an author panel at Lucius Beebe library. Kate Flora was on the panel with me, as well as Mary-Ann Tirone Smith, author of Girls of Tender Age.

We had a really good crowd, about 50 people, and new friend Jane (from the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando in May) showed up. It was a blast, sold a few books.

Got home, crashed, then got up Thursday morning to take mom grocery shopping, packed and headed down to Norwich, CT. It was raining, but the drive went well. I listened to The Good Guy by Dean Koontz. A great book, BTW.

Checked into the Comfort Suites, checked email, then went to the Saxton B. Little Library. Rain was coming down in buckets. I didn't know until I got to the library that there had been a tornado warning in effect while I was driving.

About 10 people showed up, plus a reporter and photographer from The Chronicle, a local paper. Guess it was a slow news day, ha ha. It went well, sold more books. Went back to my room to watch some TV and crashed again.

Friday morning, it was off to the Cora Belden Library in Rocky Hill, CT to speak to the Connecticut Library Consortium. The room was full, my talk went very well and I sold all but three of my books. So I was a happy camper.

Got some lunch, went back to my room, changed and went down to the lobby for the shuttle to Mohegan Sun. I'm not much of a gambler, so I wandered around, found the shopping mall area and ended up buying some souvenirs, then some crop pants in size 8. I'm back into my high school size. Wow! I had a wonderful dinner at Todd English's Tuscany and glass of merlot. Then I decided to go ahead and try some poker. I lost only $40, but had a blast.

The shuttle driver was in his 70s and a very nice guy. I was his only passenger on the way back to the hotel. We had a nice talk.

Watched Monk and Psych on TV (two of my fave summer shows), talked on the phone with a friend for a couple of hours, then crashed.

This morning got up, went on the treadmill at the hotel, changed and am now killing time before going to a bridal shower for one of my volunteers, Amy Lawson, who was a victim I worked with years ago. She doesn't know I'm showing up, so this will be fun. The shower is at a local VFW and I'm still wondering what in the heck we're going to do for five hours (it's from 1-6 pm). Should be interesting.

Tomorrow I head back home and will be glad. I like traveling, but I always like going home. A BBQ at my place with V2 and mom. Nice, relaxing summer night.


Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Craigslist Scam Involving Google Voice - Don't Fall For It!