It's funny. . .more

It's funny how quickly life can change. Something has recently happened to me that I want to see where it goes before posting. But so far, it's wonderful.

I got home from Connecticut in record time, V2 came over and my mom and I had a wonderful BBQ with her - chicken and turkey tips marinated in sauces, roasted potatoes and grilled corn on the cob. V2 and I got silly and drank wine. We played Ninento Wii and my mom couldn't make heads or tails out of it, but it was a blast.

Got up on Monday morning with a headache. I am so glad I don't have too many nights like that. Took my mom to Robert's for lunch, then took her to my sister's to drop her off there. Got home and was exhausted from all the driving. Went to bed early.

Got up Tuesday, caught up with email, unpacked, did laundry and other things, then went to V2's for dinner. Rob was doing work on the house when I left. When I came back home at 8:30 pm, he was still here, so I sat on the stairs and we talked while he worked. He's got a lot going on in his life and I think he needed to talk with someone.

After he left, my new friend called and we chatted for about an hour.

Wednesday met my friend in Portland, where we hung out at some Irish pubs, ate sushi for lunch, then hit a local billiards parlor and played pool. It was a lot of fun.

Got home, Rob was here and we all sat on the deck and talked for a long time.

Yesterday was laid back, but got a call from a national TV talk show that was interested in doing segment about cyberbullies. Good! I was excited. Until I heard what they were planning to do:

They wanted to put spyware on a computer, with the parents permission, to log what their kids/teens are doing online, then actively pursue a cyberbully, ala the "To Catch a Predator" show on TV. I told the producer that my organization works hard to STOP the cyberbullies before things escalate and to actively engage a cyberbully was not something I would condone or approve of.

Sometimes I really wonder about the media.

Relaxed and caught up with some TV shows I taped on the DVR, got up this morning to run errands, reply to my agent that I would get him a new book proposal out by Monday. So I have my work cut out for me this weekend. V2 is going away for the weekend, so it will give me something to do. Today I spoke with a NJ newspaper reporter who was more reasonable, then with campus police at a Virginia university that needed help with some cyberstalking going on. So it's been a good day.

Rob is bringing the electrician back to finish putting some outlets and a dimmer switch in, then I'll probably take a bubble bath and watch Monk and Psych tonight - my two fave summer shows!!


Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Craigslist Scam Involving Google Voice - Don't Fall For It!