The radio show last night

If you read my earlier post, you would have seen I wasn't feeling so hot, but I was determined to do the show. Promptly at 10 pm, V-103 radio called me and told me it would be a few while the host, Joyce Littel, did her intro, then would play a couple of "soft jazz" tunes. Okay by me.

So I listen and I'm looking at their web site and going through the on-air personalities and got quite a chuckle out of the whole thing. I was a little nervous and was hoping I wouldn't blow it by saying something stupid.

Joyce came on, talked a bit about online dating, how people lie in their profiles, then introduced a local doctor (I think she was a psychiatrist) in the studio, then introduced me as "A.J. Hitchcock."

Oh, we were off an running, LOL.

The banter was quick and at first, I was hesitant, then I figured, "What the hell?" and went with it. I had them laughing a few times and the people who called in kept saying "that lady" (meaning me) was so right! I was doing good, Mom!

Joyce kept promoting a dating site called Blacksingles.com and some of the people who called had been there or to blackplanet.com or the radio station chat line. Most of the stories were good, a few were funny, such as one guy named Luther who set up a meeting with woman who claimed to be 5'6", 130 pounds, with long dark hair in a ponytail, etc. He said as he drove towards a mailbox where they'd agreed to meet (sounds more like a Cops episode, huh?), he said she was all of 5 feet, overweight and had a little "button" of hair (I'm quoting him here) on the back of her head.

He kept on driving.

LOL.

Then Joyce asked the doctor and I about "hooking up" for just plain old sex online. The doctor was stymied, but I'd done my research and informed her that if people just changed the dot come on blacksingles to dot net, they'd get what they'd want.

I could hear them frantically typing on the keyboard, then they all burst out in laughter in the studio. It's definitely a site for "hooking up," but if you don't believe me, check it out.

WARNING: It's really a nasty, nasty site. And I don't mean that in a nice, hot way.

I ended up staying on for the full two hours. It was a lot of fun and they want me back on. So now I'm a hit in Atlanta!

There is no podcast or way to hear the show (they don't archive it), so you all should have been there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good on ya Jayne. But I am cynically paranoid about registering for stuff on the inter-tubes.

David

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013