Taste of Home Dip Recipe

So, I was asked what my favorite homemade dip is by the folks at Frito-Lay. They're having a contest and heck, I love entering contests. They're also sending me some chips! This one was asking what my favorite dip recipe is and it didn't take me even a second to think of it.

I know it's kinda corny, because it's so simple, but it reminds me of growing up in California, when we didn't have a lot of money. Sometimes it's the simple pleasures that mean the most. My mom was divorced and with two little girls in the late 60's when we moved to California from Maine. Being a divorced mom was unheard of back then and she was not looked upon kindly when it came to finding work. She did what she could, but we still ended up on welfare. Our big treat was when she'd surprise us with a bag of Lays Barbecue chips (and sometimes Original) and the makings for onion dip:

16 ounces of sour cream or softened cream cheese

A packet of Lipton onion soup mix

Fresh chives chopped

Mix well in a bowl, then chill for at least one hour (although we usually couldn't wait that long, ha ha).

Enjoy with chips (or whatever you like to dip - these days, carrots, celery and other veggies are my fave in addition to the chips)

This brought back such memories, I went to the Lays web site and was surprised to see they have so many different flavors from the Original and Barbecue ones! Go to http://www.fritolay.com/lays/regionally-inspired-flavors.html and see for yourself. I just may have to come up with some new dip recipes. I think I'm going to have to try the Lays Cajun Herb & Spice and Honey Mustard flavored chips!

Frito-Lay, I hate you...just kidding, but now I am craving my homemade onion dip and your chips!

Now, for my friends, fans and followers, let me know if you read this the whole way through and send me an email or reply to this post with the word: LAYS - one of you will win a package of Frito-Lays chips from me! Yes, really!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013