Welcome to Kentucky!

"THERE IS A THREAT TO THIS BUILDING. EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY. FIND THE NEAREST STAIRWELL. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS."

WAHWAHWAHWAH


(repeat five million times)

6:30 am. The Hilton Garden Inn in Louisville.

I thought the person who had my room before me had set the alarm clock. Nope. We had to all evacuate the hotel. I sleepily rushed, put my jeans and coat on, grabbed my purse and laptop (and room key) and stumbled into the hallway.

Other sleepy people were stumbling around, too. We looked like a bunch of drunks. One guy was still trying to put his sneakers on.

At the stairway, a man actually held the door open for me.

We were on the top of the hotel, on the 8th floor. Down we went. As we hit each floor, more people in the stairwell. Quiet. Orderly. No complaints. Just trudge trudge trudge.

Good thing there wasn't a real fire, eh?

Got outside, went to the front of the hotel. Called Chris. Heard sirens. The first fire truck pulls up. We all wait some more. Another fire truck pulls up. Uh-oh.

Some people got in their cars and left.

Lucky bastards.

It was about 40 degrees, so it was chilly.

Finally, they let us back in.

Turns out the water boiler burst. No hot water for a while, so it'll be a nice cold shower for me, ha ha.

They were offering free breakfast, but I was still tired, so went up to my room and slept for another hour.

Welcome to Kentucky, Jayne!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I shared this post on Facebook and a lot of my friends enjoyed reading it.
Thank you for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams