Peabody Institute of Danvers Library Talk

Yesterday afternoon, Chris, Phoebe and I drove to Danvers, Massachusetts for my next talk - three true crime authors on a panel at the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers. With me were Margaret Press and Mary-Ann Tirone Smith. I've done a panel with the both of them before for Sisters in Crime.

I got there first, Chris and Phoebe stayed in the car. Mary-Ann came next and then Margaret made it with a minute to spare. . .literally. We had about 20-25 people show up. Then in the audience I spotted someone. My high school drill team buddy, Vicki! We hadn't seen each other in 34 years and discovered each other on Facebook recently. I was so excited!!

Us authors did our thing, talked about how we got into true crime, answered a lot of great questions from the audience, then waited for book sales. Not one person bought a book from any of us. Mary-Ann was the most shocked, LOL. I just kind of shrugged it off. Hey, I got paid to talk, albeit $75, but every dollar counts these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams