Review of Redemption by Kate Flora

Just finished reading Kate Flora's latest Joe Burgess mystery, Redemption. It officially comes out in March, so get it! Here's my review:

Technically a police procedural, Kate Flora's latest book, Redemption: A Joe Burgess Mystery is a rollicking good time. I may be a bit prejudiced because I live in Maine and know Portland well, but Flora captures the flavor of Maine in a realistic way. I really hate authors who try to write about Maine and Mainers without knowing anything about it! The book starts off with a bang - a dead body in the water, then careens from there. Tossing in some of Burgess' personal life without overdoing it makes the book a good read. I definitely do not want to give away the plot, but suffice it to say that Burgess is very involved in this case and the ending was a complete surprise to me. This is Flora's third book in this series and it's the best so far (but you do need to read the other two first to get a "flavor" for Burgess).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams