Tomorrow's the party!

My booking manager got me two gigs - a repeat at SUNY Delhi in October and another university in Virginia in February. The February one is going to be for a lot more money than I usually get, so I'm a happy camper about that.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but one of my WHOA volunteers is getting married in September. Her bridal shower is in a couple of weeks in Connecticut and I plan on driving down. I managed to get a Connecticut library association to schedule me to speak the two days before the shower, so I'm getting my hotel room paid for two of the three nights I'll be staying down there, plus my mileage, tolls and food and my lecture fee. I'm pretty pleased about that!

Nothing for August right now. I may go away for a week. I haven't decided yet. I do need a vacation or getaway, so we'll see. I have a friend in Geneva, Switzerland who has been trying to get me out there. I just may do it.

Last night V2 came over and had sushi delivered and drank some red wine. She left early and by the time I hit the sack, I knew I'd have a hard time getting up this morning. I was right. Hangover big time. I haven't had one of those in a looooooong time. Took some aspirin and went back to bed for a bit.

Things have happened so quickly this past week that I'm dizzy! But I have my "mojo" back and I'm ready to move forward. It's funny how things can happen that you just don't expect. I can't get into it more than that. It just made me feel so much better about myself and that I do have a chance for a special someone in the future. No, there's no one now, LOL. Don't know if I'm that ready yet. I've come to the conclusion that if it happens, it happens. I am perfectly happy with my life as it is and don't mind being alone at all. . .well, I'm not really alone, I do have Bandit and Guin, but you know what I mean.

Anywho, tomorrow V2 and I head up to my sister's for my mom's birthday party. We're bringing tarot cards, the magic 8 ball gathering dust on my shelf and a Ouija board and plan on being downright silly.

V2 came by this afternoon and we went to four different furniture stores, looking for a couch for her. She has very good taste - every couch she liked was over $1000, more than what she wanted to spend. I looked at chairs, but didn't find "the one" I want for the living room. I'll know it when I see it.

We got funny birthday cards for my mom, then she dropped me off. I had nice, long bath and am ready to sit on the deck and finish reading a book I've gotten into, Chosen for Death by Kate Flora. It's the first in her Thea Kozak series, which I hadn't read yet. Kate signed it for my mom, so I want to finish it before tomorrow.

Night night y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

True Crime Online Newsletter - November 11, 2013

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013