Chippy just died

Well, it was bound to happen. I've known this little chipmunk for a good 4 or 5 years and lord knows how old he was then. Chipmunks in the wild usually don't live for that long. I think it was in part because I made sure he had sunflowers, fruit and other snackies. This year I noticed he was getting really gray, although he still moved pretty fast.

But a little while ago, he didn't move fast enough when I let the dogs out. Phoebe went right for him. I got her to drop him, but he was gone. And I can't yell at her. It's her instinct to kill little animals like that.

I called Chris and he came home to help me bury Chippy. He had a good, long life and I had fun teaching him to sit in my hand and on my shoulder.

RIP my little Chippy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013