Westborough Public Library, Mass

I'm a bit late posting this, but wanted to let you all know about the wonderful true crime panel I was part of at the Westborough Public Library in Massachusetts on August 20, 2008.

It's part of the Sisters in Crime New England Chapter, of which I am a member (as well as their national organization). You can see the schedule there - I am on quite a few panels in October.

There were three of us: Margaret Press, Mary-Ann Tirone Smith and me. I was the first to arrive and Chris decided to come along with me, even though he was exhausted from the weird hours we works at Home Depot (one day it will be 9-6 pm, the next 12-9 pm, the next 6-3pm). He carried in my box of books and settled in the back of the room. People began arriving and Donna Martel from the library talked with me for a bit. Margaret showed up, then Mary-Ann (who brough her hubby, too).

We set up our books for sale on the table next to us, then decided I'd start the panel. We had a good crowd, about 30 or so people, one of the biggest for the true crime panel so far. They were mostly senior citizens, who asked some wonderful questions.

Afterwards, I appeared to be the hit and sold quite a few books. I was pleasantly surprised. One older woman told me I'd done a good job and to keep up the good work. When we left, I was walking on air. I love events like this that go so darned well.

Chris told me that Mary-Ann's hubby was nice, but he was no Jacob. For those who don't know, we've become friends with Tess Gerritsen and her hubby, Jacob. Chris gets a kick out of talking with Jacob and Tess and I are like kindred spirits. I only wish they lived closer to us. We get together when we can and email frequently.

So all in all, it was a good night. And a reporter who attended wrote a very flattering article about us: True-crime writers tell back stories by Judy Powell of the Worcester Telegram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams