Remembering Chris

Who was it that said that everything happens for a reason?

When my husband died a year ago today, I was devastated. I didn't know how I could go on, but I did. I didn't know how I'd be able to live in the same house where he died, but I am. I never thought I would ever find someone to love again, but I have.

This doesn't mean I love my late husband any less - so not true. He will always be in my heart. How could he not? After all, we were together for almost 20 years.

But I know he would have wanted me to be happy again. I think he approves of my newfound happiness in the little signs I see every day. Pennies from heaven. A 1989 nickel (that was the year we were married). A heart-shaped rock. Monarch butterflies following me everywhere. . .

So on this day that was so sad a year ago, I rejoice in my love for my late husband and my love for Chris - yes, the new man in my life is also named Chris. Another sign, I truly believe.

Everything happens for a reason and though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

My new ending is beginning now.

In memory of Christopher Hitchcock


The following was originally written by Christopher Hitchcock for his father's funeral and was changed by one of his best friends, Rich Knox, to read at Christopher's funeral on November 10, 2006:

I believe the world has lost two true artists
A Da Vinci, a Michelangelo, a Mozart
And I fear that the world will never know it
I'll bet more people could tell you the last five finalists of American Idol
Than could tell you who painted the Sistine Chapel
And that is so sad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013