Kents HIll & Full Monty

Saturday morning I had to drive north to Kents Hill to a private academy there. I was presenting with a Maine State Trooper, Roderick Charette (he was cute). Before this, though, I do my homework and searched on Myspace and Facebook to see how many students had too much info in their profiles. I also sent friend requests on Facebook to see how many students would add me as a friend without asking who I was. I had 22 add me, no questions asked.

One student, a 16-year-old boy I'll call BT, decided to email me. This is the exchange over the course of three days before my presentation:

BT: hey who this just wondering i will add u if u tell me about ur self not beign a bitch just asking who u are thats all ans how old are u ur pretty hottt lol

Me: Thank you for the compliment, LOL. I work for the University of Maryland but live in southern Maine was looking for some folks in Maine to add as friends.

BT: ohh kool how old are u maybe we could meeet up some time and we could idk w.e u want

Me: Oh hon, I'm too old for you. But I am very flattered.

BT: aww man come on age doesnt matter lol i wish i was ur age i would hook up with u anyday sryy for saying that but ahh ur so hotttttt

Me: I'm blushing. Thank you for making my day!

BT: hey anytime but there has to be a way that we can meet and who nows have some fun after that lol

Me: You never know. We may meet soon.

BT: and if i do meet u do u think we could do anything lol i cant belve im saying this sryy

Soooo, I get to Kents Hill School and asked the guy who booked me to point out BT so that I could talk with him. I told him I wanted to use BT in my presentation and we'd been corresponding. He had no clue.

BT comes in, I tap him on the shoulder and tell him to follow me into a back room. I turned around and asked him, "Do you know who I am?"

The kid almost shit a brick.

His eyes got so big I thought he was going to faint. He stammered, then said his friends sent the messages and they had his password. I told him he was not in trouble, but that I wanted to use him in the presentation to show how to Google a student and a White Pages search. He just nodded vigorously. I was enjoying every moment.

I got up, did my presentation, shocked the crap out of these students, showed how I found out where BT lived when he wasn't at school and got a huge round of applause. The trooper went on next and used a canned presentation from Netsmartz. Afterwards, he asked if I could send him a copy of my presentation. He liked it much better.

I gave BT a little stuffed moose and thanked him for his cooperation.

I got this email from him when I came home:

hey umm today was pretty good i learned my lession ur slide show was very ture no im going to have to change all the informatoin thanks again it was great....
hopefully everyone learns form this


LOL. I got a lot of great feedback from the kids and staff. I was a hit!!!!

Saturday my mom, sister and V2 came over for girls night. We went to our fave Japanese restaurant, then back home and drank wine. I went to bed early. I was exhausted. I'd been up since early that morning.

Sunday morning we had donuts, sat on the deck while I fed Chippy, then relaxed until we had to shower and dress for our big afternoon. We ate lunch at Barnacle Billy's in Ogunquit, then went to the The Ogunquit Playhouse. We had third row center tickets for The Full Monty.

Let me just tell you. Wow. The men in that were HOTTTTTTTTTT. All of them. Sally Struthers was a hoot. The singing was wonderful. We had a total blast.

Came home and crashed. Spent yesterday finishing up my presentation. I'm a speaker at a military conference at Redstone Arsenal Army Base in Huntsville, Alabama tomorrow. I leave at 1:15 today. I'm looking forward to this trip. I haven't been on a plane in what seems like ages. I need to get away, even if it is just for three days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams