Just some updates

So, it wasn't the beginning of chemotherapy for my dad-in-law the other day. It was just an appointment with the chemo doctor, then another doctor and more tests. Then this morning, they found out (after two messages on their answering machine - mom and dad were out to breakfast) that he has a blood clot in his lung. So he had to go to emergency, was admitted and put on a blood thinner. They have to check all of him out now to make sure there are no more blood clots before even thinking of doing anything else.

Chris is doing okay - he's upset, but glad he can help his parents out by taking them to and from the doctors, hospital, etc. His mom is holding up well. She's always been a lady and I gave her a big hug when I saw her today.

Chris' parents are like a second set of parents to me. I know most spouses don't get along with their in-laws, but I've always loved them. . .from day one. I'll do what I can to keep them smiling through this all and giving them encouragement and hugs when needed.

I wish I could say the same for others. If you belong to LiveJournal, you can read my friends only rant there.

------------------------

Chippy is now climbing along my arm and getting friendlier. Chris comes out every morning on the porch with me. We drink coffee, talk to Chippy and laugh at his antics. He's a little showoff. This morning, some chickadees came close to the porch and Chippy jumped off the lounge chair, hit a fence post and chittered at them. He made his point, then came back to the lounge chair and my lap. He's a feisty little guy. His nickname is Chippy Vinnie Chipmunk now. Ha!

------------------------

I'm going to be on the road for my birthday for the third year in a row. But we need the money to pay Chris' hospital bills and to put away just in case. Plus, I'd like something nice for Christmas - maybe a hot tub?

-----------------------

Actually caught up with a bunch of stuff today. I forgot to mention (or did I?) that I bought the second season of LOST on DVD when it came out on Tuesday. I am so psyched to watch the new season and this is just priming me for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams