Sad News

Just got an email from the husband of a good friend. I'd met Faith on Okinawa when we lived there from 1992-1995. She went with me on a lot of my trips to investigate hauntings on Okinawa for research for my Ghosts of Okinawa book. She even went with me when I did some stories for a newspaper I wrote for, as company and for fun. We have a lot in common and she always made me laugh.

When we drove cross country from LA to Maine in August of 1995, we stopped at their house in Las Vegas and spent time with them. It was a fun, relaxed time.

Since then, it's been hit and miss with emails, holiday newsletters, the usual. I got an email from her husband a few months ago that Faith was in California being treated for cancer. It looked good at the time and the chemo seemed to be working. I sent her some flowers with a stuffed puppy (a toy, not a real one, ha ha) to cheer her up. Her husband has been good about updates since then.

He just emailed me this afternoon. Faith only has 2-3 months to live. I burst out crying. You never think it's going to hit you so close to home, but when it does, it hits hard.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry to read your sad news. It hurts my heart to know so well how yours hurts. It is very difficult to find true friends that remain dear through time and distance. You are very fortunate and so is Faith, to have had, and still have, such wonderful friends in each other.

Popular posts from this blog

Troubling web site - Datingpsychos.com

Beware of Craigslist Text Scams

Our Marlboro Ranch/Crazy Mountain Ranch Adventure - June 28-July 1, 2013